Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sleepy Baby


Hi All- Something was wrong with the little pumpkin today and he was EXHAUSTED. He had a runny nose yesterday so I am wondering if he might have a little cold or something. Or maybe one of the other kids cried all night long and kept him up. Or maybe there was a keg party at the Baby House. I don't know but the boy was tired. But the caretakers made sure we had a sweatshirt to put on him so I think they noticed that he didn't seem quite himself also. Or maybe it's just that it's cold here today- so cold I could actually see my breath! Anyway, he was fine for the first hour but then he got all whiny, which is unusual for him, and he actually cried when we didn't pick him up right away. I thought maybe he was doing it just for fun because he has been doing the thing where he whines until I pick him up and then has this triumphant 'Ha! I got her!' half smile on his face. But it turns out that he honestly was tired and just wanted soothing. Peter happily held him as he fell asleep. Anyone notice that Peter's the sucker that lets him break the rules (we are not supposed to let him sleep outside of nap time)?But after a while we got bored and we actually did the transfer from Peter's shoulder to the floor just to see if he would wake up. We had to do something to entertain ourselves for the 45 minutes that he was asleep since it was just Gulsanna, Peter, and I in there staring at each other. But he was completely sacked out. Anyone think that'll work at home? Yeah, I'm not counting on it either. And now it's time for me to sack out. Goodnight! -m

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Peter will have the little rascal watching the Golf Channel, NCAA football, etc. between naps. Nancy wants to know his size so she can start picking out some clothes from Toad'ly Kids.
I'm going to find him some baby Crocs :)
Can't wait to see and hold him!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Kate's post should have been anonymous.....I'm still learning how to do this!
Dad

Ann said...

He looks like a little angel!!! Have I mentioned that I can't wait until you come home yet so I can hold him???? :)

jenmiddleton said...

Of course Pete is the sucker! It's the same in our household with Eric...must be part of being a daddy.

Poor little man...must be pooped out from being a full-time baby model. :-) Love the Shutterfly pics! He is just YUMMY cute!! Keep 'em coming!

Hope Rinat is feeling better...keep us posted.

xoxoxoMiddletons

Anonymous said...

Great Aunt Steph and Uncle Neil, Aunt Bet and Uncle Bill are SO, SO excited about baby Rinat!! We're in tears reading all the happy stories, and we love, love all of the pictures with baby Rinat looking up at you and smiling (and the ones of you holding him, especially the ones where he is asleep on Peter's shoulder!)!! Keep us posted! He looks like he'll have a good golf swing! (Stephanie & Neil Hammerstrom, Bill & Betsy Joyner)

Jennifer said...

Once you get the little guy from the baby house, see if you can spend some day time hours with another family with a baby, so he doesn't feel so alone. bonding with you is all good, but he needs a diaper pooping pal.

We adopted from Astana last summer and were lucky enough to have another family on the same schedule and the 2 kids spent all of their time together from the time we left the baby house to Alamty to the night before we each flew home. I think they liked the transition and having a playmate.

My flight home was another story, but I seemed to be the only one with a difficult flight home.

Unknown said...

Congrats Peter! I am so happy for you both. Look will be a wonderful father. My dad said it was easier than you think (esp. with boys). Again congrats and i saw the new ping stuff the other day and it looks really good.

JESSE

Unknown said...

Um, quick question... so for all of us young pups in the facebook.com generation, may I put a picture of my bro, sis-in-law and their precious baby boy on my facebook profile? All my friends want to see the little rascal, and I don't know if I can wait much longer to take pictures of him myself!

If you think that it's not a good idea, I completely understand. Just thought I should ask you first :)

Love,
Kate

Carson said...

Only 11 more days till he is with you full time. :) Can't wait to see you all

Meredith said...

So 11 days from now instead of Sleepy Baby will your post be entitled Sleepy Hubby w/ a photo of Peter passed out with a diaper on his head from chasing a baby all day and night?