Saturday, August 11, 2007

Poor Baby


Hey guys- Here's a photo from a while ago that I thought was cute. It's basically everything but the part you most want to see, right? Soon enough, soon enough... So our poor boy was sick today. We were waiting in the anteroom for the caretakers to get him up, feed him and change him (nice, huh?) and we heard this really sad crying. We've never actually heard real crying from him but we could tell it sounded like his voice and sure enough it was. The caretaker told us to go to the playroom and she would bring him there. When she came in (wearing a Michael Jackson surgical face mask no less) she told us that he had been really sick since yesterday and we were to bundle him up in a sweatshirt and sweatpants in the 80 degree room and to keep the windows closed so there was no draft (too bad for the other couple there with their healthy girl- they had to sweat along with us). He did seem a little pale and his face was all blotchy but the second that Peter went to get him out of her arms, his little face broke into a smile. It was really sweet. And, all considered, we actually had a nice visit with him. There was a little puke involved and he was a little subdued- no crawling, no shrieking- but overall it was good. Apparently there has been something making the rounds with our group (maybe because they just introduced a new kid to the mix for the single woman who came two days ago) and some of the kids have been feeling pretty bad. But our guy seems alright with the boot-and-rally. Better now than in college, right? Anyway, we- and you all- only have 1 whole day left until court. Can you believe it? Tomorrow, Baheet and Gulsanna are coming over for the pre-court prep session. I have a feeling it is going to make me feel more nervous rather than less. Oh well, I'm sure we'll meet up with the others for beers or something at night to calm our nerves before the big day. And maybe some souvenir shopping. Alright, it's midnight so I'm off to bed. Arrivaderci. -m
And I have to give mad props to Jolie who made a really sweet slide show and posted the link under the comments for the "He's a maniac" post. Thanks Jolie! Check it out!

4 comments:

Carson said...

Hey something must be in the air. Little Henry is sick too, he has a fever i took it under the arm... yes Mere. i am just scared the other way so who knows. I guess our 2 are on the same wave length, this may not be good for us later in life. I loved the maniac slide show.

Monday is the big day let us know when you can. I can not wait to see his picture please include one of the three of y'all I am dying to see you together.

Best of luck don't cry, just think CHERAW

Meredith said...

can you give him tylenol or anything? so sad. Can't wait for monday!! love the slides from jolie's link.

jenmiddleton said...

Ditto -- loved the slide show -- it was touching.

Poor little man...seeing your child sick is the worst. Better now than on the plane, though...

GOOD LUCK on Monday -- I'll be thinking of all three of you. And I second Carson -- please include a family photo!

Hugs -- The Middletons

Ann said...

Three words for you... I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'm sure you feel that way (multiplied by 20 and raised to the millionth power!) I have been trying to keep myself busy by paiting walls and ceilings and potting plants... but I still come inside every hour or so to check for updates. Keep 'em coming... I'm absolutely hooked!!!

xoxox
Ann