Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Last Day of Freedom

Hey everybody! I tried to put up a video but it gave me an error message several times and I have to head to bed so I'll try again tomorrow. Sorry. So it was our last day ever without our little one. It's so crazy! But I am glad that we decided to wait and get him tomorrow because we spent the evening with all of our other buddies celebrating. There are two other couples, the Peruvians and Canadians, who are also picking up their sweeties tomorrow so everyone met up at the Biteryk (I have no idea how to spell that one but it is the tall spiky building near the capital) to see it at night and then we all walked down the 'mall' to the base of the oil building and had dinner together. There were 10 of us and it was a mix of people like us who are almost done with the process and who are excited to be on their way out and people who have just gotten here and are excited to be starting the process. It was really nice. And as always, Gulsanna came along with us. I just love her. She entertaining and fun and helpful and I just want to kidnap her and take her home with us. How exactly do we get her a visa to visit the US? We are still not sure exactly when we'll get getting our guy but you can bet that we will let you know the second he is permanently ours. We were supposed to go in the morning but there is some kind of 'special inspection' of course so they said they would let us know. "Probably the afternoon" is what we were told. We get to sleep in anyway. 'Til tomorrow... -m

6 comments:

Carson said...

It is 1 am over their get some sleep. Tomorrow is gona be a crazy. I was just posting my last post and this came up. So we missed each other in air. My love to you both

Ann said...

Yay!!! I cannot believe that it is almost over... it seems like it has flown by! I know you are anxious to bring him home... I'm not going to tell you to savor every moment, as this blog is evidence that you already have!!! I can't wait to see all 3 of you soon!!

xoxoxo
Ann

Anonymous said...

Great day coming up! The day you have waited for.
Congratulations!!!
Nancy and I are extremely excited and very happy for the 3 of you.
Good luck.....hope the initial introduction goes well. I assume the neighbors have ear plugs....Rinat might be ready to let them know HE HAS ARRIVED !!!
He needs to make his announcement in the true Leggett tradition.....scream his lungs out!!!
:)
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hold your breath and plunge right in! You are going to be wonderful parents for a very special little boy.

Ted Howard said...

If you want to know how to get Gulsanna a visa, I would guess that you're in the perfect city to find out when you get back home. Head over to the Kazak embassy with Rinat and explain that you'd like to help Gulsanna visit. Maybe you'll need an au pair for Rinat...

Meredith said...

Can't wait to hear about your first night. DOnt wrap him up in too many blankets and then think he has a fever and want to rush to back to the hospital...Enjoy this special day.