Friday, August 17, 2007

All Smiles Today

Hi! So babycakes was all smiles today. Well, mostly anyway. He was raring to go from the second we picked him up from his room and didn't really stop for 2 hours. BTW- his room is the Matryoshka Room (someone commented that the guy she adopted was in that room as well). It's what the nesting dolls are called. Anyway, he was a total sweetie and we had a great 2 hours with him. I think he is finally getting attached to us the way we are to him. Today he was whining about something (who knows what) and crawled straight over to me and climbed into my lap. My little heart was happy and I think maybe Peter was a little bit jealous. And Peter got quite a few belly laughs out of him by making googley noises and tickling his stomach. It was really cute and I was definitely jealous. And oh my gosh is he crawling! No more of this tentative, shaky crawling. He has got it down pat and he's getting really fast. He can now make it across the entire playroom without stopping except to pause for a couple seconds to eat a piece of lint along the way. And I was telling Carson that when I stand him up now, he starts taking steps. I'm nipping that in the bud. I don't think I can deal with him walking anytime soon. I mean, I can hardly deal with the fact that he's crawling. He seemed to master it a little too quickly for my liking. Today brought the IPOD to visitation to give Gulsanna something to do while we we play and she put the music to his ear and was laughing when he started nodding to the music. Apparently he likes Cat Stevens and Gladys Knight & the Pips. He also really liked it when Peter decided to drown him in the ball pit. Peter stuck him in there and squished him down until all we could see was his little head. It was really funny- guess you had to be there. After visitation Peter and I went to the Baby Mall (aka Pucha) and looked for some footie pj's for when he comes home to the apartment with us. It's been a bit chilly and the heat doesn't get turned on until Oct I think. We didn't find any footies but we did find a little outfit with elephants (we needed something warm to put him in when his blue hoodie is in the wash) and this funny outfit that Peter picked out that has a cat dressed like a pirate and it says Yo-Ho-Ho and has matching pants with anchors on them. I'm sure you'll see them in upcoming photos. (PS if you want the shutterfly photos you have to give me your email address and I'll add you to future emails). Then we went to dinner at Vaquero. Yes, there is a Mexican restaurant here. It's more like KazMex than TexMex but it's as close comfort food as we get here. And now it's time for some real comfort food- morozhinaye (ice cream!). They sell Baskin Robbins here although I don't know that it's actually the real thing but whatever. It's still good. Real good. Have a great day and weekend! -m

6 comments:

Meredith said...

KazMex? You're scaring me. Stay away from the horse fajitas ok. He is just the cutest little guy. I am going to try and get Lynden to put your baby gate up before you get back since he'll be doing jumping jacks before you know it. Marge says hi--she looked at the blog today and is just SO excited for you guys to have a boy.

Nan Howard said...

Love the stories from today! And he is just sooo cute! Please add nanhoward@carolina.rr.com to the shutterfly list. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed all your postings and check it out many times a day. Please add me to shutterfly, clelandj@aol.com
thinking of you 3
judie

Allyson said...

Maren and Peter,
Congratulations! I just got your blog address today from Kim and I am so excited to read the updates! He is adorable and I so so happy for your family. Please add anlepley@yahoo to your Shutterfly list, please. I would love to see more photos. Enjoy every moment!
Love, Allyson

Carson said...

KazMex that does sounds scarey....Is the gauc as good as Rosa Mexicana?? I doubt it. I am glad he is all better today. The ball pit sounds like fun...but you know me the germs would have freaked me out.

Have great weekend

jenmiddleton said...

All I have to say is Maren, you sound like a REAL honest-to-goodness mommy!! I LOVE IT!
xoxoxo Jen M.