Saturday, August 18, 2007

Full House Today

Hi! So on Saturdays all of the families have visitation at the same time and it's kind of like a party. We go from 10-12 and it is so much fun with everyone in the same room playing with their kids and everyone else's kids and sharing toys and chatting about things. And we had our friend from Buffalo come to visit with her little girl who she brought home on Monday. I think her little sweetie was really happy to be in a familiar place and see familiar people. And it was nice to talk to her and just kind of get an idea of how things are going now that she has her full time. Apparently these kids can eat. They can eat a whole lot. Our friends from Michigan said the same thing of their tiny little one who also came home with them on Monday. I guess this will be the first time they have been able to eat as much as they want rather than as much as they are allotted or how much time it takes them to eat it. So we are going to stock up at the store tomorrow. And we are getting ready for the screamfest that is going to take place when we take him from the BH (although our Buffalo friend said her little one has been OK). Gulsanna today said she thinks that Rinat will have a tough time and she said we are welcome to keep him at the BH until we go to Almaty. I said thanks for the offer but I think we'll take him as soon as they'll let us. Now would be fine as a matter of fact. After visiting, Peter was in the mood for lagman (that reminds me- I need to write about the food. maybe tomorrow) so we went to a really good restaurant by the capital. We were talking about how quickly the time has flown by and Baheet told us that we'll only be here for a week and a half/2 weeks at the most. Oh my gosh! And then she said she thinks we'll be flying home around the 6th. Oh my gosh again! And I have to admit I am a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I am dying to get home and be back in my familiar life but I think I might miss this place a little bit. It has come to mean so much to Peter and I and we'll do our best to remember every second that we have spent here. Peter even said to me that he couldn't even imagine having a family the normal way now, it seems so boring. I don't know that labor is boring exactly but the excitement of us building our family has been great. And now we are off to our friend's house to hang out for a while before the Michigan couple leaves for Almaty tomorrow. See ya! -m

8 comments:

geri said...

Do you have a rocker in the apartment? Might be worth buying one and then donating it to the baby house when you leave. Good luck! Geri

Susan said...

I love reading your blog so much. I'm not sure if I've commented before so you may not even realize I'm your blog stalker. We are also using CAI in Tampa and everything is apostilled and being translated now, except for the elusive I-171H. USCIC has had my home study for one week and 3 days...not that I'm counting. We hope to travel in December-since we're in Florida and never experience truly cold weather. Reading about you guys being so positive about your experience is really heartwarming.

Today I was at a party and got to hold my friends babies the entire time. It was so much fun. They called me the "baby whisperer" and told me, MAN, you need a baby. YES, i DO! Get me to Kaz!!

Love your posts-and your attitude. You really make us excited to get there. We are bringing our 9 year old soon too. He wants to snowboard. :)

Love the pics and the stories.

Jennifer said...

We adopted last summer and our son stayed in the baby house until we were en route to the airport for Almaty.

Even though we were anxious to have him 24x7, it did make it easier to run around doing last minute errands and notaries in Astana, buying tickets, eating, etc.

Also our apartment was not exactly baby proof, and we felt that the fewer changes for our new son the better. So his first taste of life outside of the baby house was Business Class to Almaty (worth the extra $100), and a cooshy couple of days in the Hyatt in Almaty (which provided cribs and baby stuff for the bath).

It's a hard choice to make, good luck.

Meredith said...

thought of you while flying yesterday. C did pretty well. They did test her water and milk and scanned her shoes which I suppose gives the appearance of security to test potential terror babies like C right. Not sure if he's drinking anything portable but formula but boxed drinks (milk) might be a good idea to have w/ you and definitely a blanket and changing pad. I bet a portable dvd would be a hit too. We are in Dallas--C is loving all the dogs/cats and is absolutely fearless in the pool at Camp Granny. Bet Rinat will be the same.

Ann said...

I am soooo excited that y'all are probably coming home sooner! Yay!! Just looked at the most recent Shutterfly photos... looks like you might need to invest in a ball pit for the lil guy... he loves it!!

xoxox
Ann

jenmiddleton said...

I'm with you -- I would want my baby with me ASAP...maybe better to get the adjustment over with sooner than later (like on the airplane). When we fly with Hadley we've found that she likes to sit by the window and look out. And then there is always Benadryl if things get bad...

I love that you guys are hanging with Michigan peeps!!!

xoxoxo Jen M.

Anonymous said...

catching up with your adventures after some traveling days. Rinat seems to be growing and changing before your eyes! which is the one of the best parts of being a parent. I know you two will be so good for Rinat and enjoy him so much. please include your shutterfly photos to rcarlucci@verizon.net - I saw the first couple you sent in Salt Lake. Keeper photos for sure!

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful day! Boy, have you guys had an adventure. Maybe one day you can write a book from the postings.
It is terrific that you have had such a positive experience.
Sounds like the end and the return home is right around the corner.
Love,
Dad