Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's Been One Month Today

OK so this post is for yesterday (Monday). What can I say. I'm a slacker. Sorry but you'll just have to pretend it is yesterday.
Hi All! So as of today we have known our little poopsie for an entire month and we are amazed at how much he has changed already. He has gone from scooting to crawling, from having short spiky hair to having hair almost long enough to lay down, and most importantly from having no idea of who we are to coming to us for comfort and playtime. And it's amazing that in all of this time, we've only gotten to see him for 53 hours. I know because I counted. So we have known him only for a little over two days and we are already so attached to him. I can't even imagine how we'll feel when he is ours forever (quick, find some wood to knock on!). We have one more week to go and then I guess we'll find out. I can't wait. In other news, we have found that our little Rinat likes to sit in my lap while I read him a book. I'm so happy. I thought he would just grab it to chew on instead of actually listening to the story. I tried to rush through the book before he could wriggle away but he just sat there listening. As a matter of fact, I read our book to him twice and then got out our photo album (Thanks Carse!) and he looked at that for another few minutes before he started with the chewing. We only brought one book with us but it looks like we may have to invest in some more. We have started looking for board books in Russian but they are kind of hard to find. I know for sure that I can't read a book with any kind of story in it but I figure I can handle the Russian in a board book. I would love to find one of those books with a picture and word on each page. I can probably handle sounding out yablakah and konyeega (the words for 'apple' and 'book' by the way). We'll see. Alright, I'm going to work on today (Tuesday)'s post now. -m

3 comments:

geri said...

Need to read books in English to him. Let him master that language before introducing another. It might be different if your home were to be bi-lingual, but unless Peter has some langauge talent that he has kept hidden from me all these years, Rinat will be nothing but confused trying to learn two languages at once. I knew that pensive look was a sign of intelligence! FYI...behind the sofa in the library are 6 cabinets FULL of children's books...check there first...we've practically got a lending library! Rinat grows more beautiful each day! Love Geri

Anonymous said...

Keep reading to him! Best thing you can do for his future education.
He gets cuter with every pix. I especially love the one with Peter looking at him while he is holding Rinat.
Can't wait to get a 5x7 of that!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy ONE MONTH anniversary!

That is SO great that he will actually let you read to him....BIG sign of a little genius! The little girl I nanny for (I've been with her since 4 months) has ALWAYS loved books and being read too and she is so ahead of the game. Don't even get me started on the brilliance that is Lydia :) Kudos Rinat!!!!