Friday, August 24, 2007

Our Little Drooler

Hi- Yes, I am a slacker and am behind on blogging yet again. And I really should not be because our little sweetie was an absolute angel today (Thursday) and I should have told you. He had not one single complaint so apparently whatever it was that was the problem was not repeated. I have been watching what they feed him for the last day or so and there was no buckwheat involved in today's lunch so maybe that helped? I dunno. But he was laughing and smiling the whole entire two hours. We were so happy that our guy didn't have any more problems. The only time we heard a peep from him in the screaming department was when he thought I was taking Peter's sunglasses from him- he loves to chew on them- he let out one of his shrieks and I loved it. He's so spunky! And I love that he is letting out a big grin when he realizes that we are there to see him. And that he crawls into my lap when he's tired and needs to snuggle. And that he chuckles when Peter attacks his belly. And that he has the biggest, toothless grin whenever he sees himself in the mirror. God, does he love to look at himself. I think he might be kinda vain. I have to admit, thought, that I think he's really good looking too. And I have found myself trying to find his father in the crowd here. Before, I kept looking at the kids trying to figure out what he might look like when he's school aged, but I have started trying to find someone with his same chin. For some reason, I feel like his chin comes from his dad. It seems like a strong chin. And I think his eyes come from his mom- they seem intelligent and kind. Maybe that's weird but for some reason I just have it in my head. Of course everyone here tells us he looks like Peter. I had always thought it would bother me for people to say he looks like one of us when we both know he doesn't share any of our genes, but it doesn't. It makes me happy. Although I wouldn't have cared if he didn't look even remotely like us either. I would have adored him just the same. Anyway, it was a great day. I hope yours was too! -m

6 comments:

Ann said...

First of all, that pic is absolutely priceless... we see an 8x10 of that in our future!!! He truly is the sweetest little baby in the entire world! Today's blog was particularly touching... we have to admit our eyes started welling up with this blog... AGAIN! We're counting down the days, minutes and hours til we can hug and kiss that cutie pie!!!

xoxoxo

Ann & Jolie

Carson said...

What a great photo. I am gald he is feeling better. i can not wait until they close the airplane door and he lets out one of those squeels for everyone else to hear. That will be fun fun fun

jenmiddleton said...

Precious picture!!! Love it!! He is most definitely a cutie pie. Hadley is trying to say his name, but it's coming out Re-rat. Have fun continuing to discover all the little, joyful things he does -- it only gets better!
xoxoxJen M.

Meredith said...

funny-when I showed your blog family photo to coworkers they think he resembles you if you had brown eyes. So is the official date for the completion of the adoption the 28th? Does the judge enter a decree or is it more of an administrative/filing issue where you obtain the official birth certificate naming you and Peter as the parents?

Susan said...

Rinat is adorable, and that picture is awesome. So glad he is feeling better. And aww, it made me cry when you said he snuggles up to your lap. :) I can't wait for that. Until then, I will just hog all my friends babies. Today, I took my new ergo carrier to my son's school and practiced on my friends baby. My son called me "a baby stealer". I could have taken that baby home. :) I want baby Kaz, but i must have my I-171H first, and it didn't come today. again. but, I am trying to be flexible and patient. It's not working. :)

At least I can read cool stories like yours and see other people's cute babies. :)
thanks for sharing.

Matthew Ruley said...

Yes, that face is the sweetest, most wonderful thing I have ever seen! Its better than chocolate. So glad to hear he's feeling better. And I actually let out an audible "awe" when I read he snuggled up in your lap. Thank you for sharing your story. It helps this difficult waiting period and to prepare for our own adventure. Can't WAIT to read more. What a face! So sweet, both his face and your blog. Thank you.