Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Our Boy

Hi all- I know you are all chomping at the bit to know every single little detail about our guy. I hate to tell you but they said it's not a good idea to share too much until after court. So let me think about what I CAN tell you. Hmmm... he is ADORABLE! He is about 7 months old. He has the same birthday as Liz and was born 8 days after Henry- so now 2 people know his birthday. He is 15 pounds I think. And about 20 inches? We had trouble converting it from grams and centimeters but I think that's right. The bump that I mentioned on his brow is a cyst (like Peter's but smaller) that can be taken care of when we get home. He has light brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, light skin. And that kind of suprised look that I mentioned before? He wears it all of the time. He has yet to cry (although I'm sure it's coming eventually). He is both curious and active. No teeth yet but they're coming. He doesn't have a belly laugh but more of a chuckle. The caregivers say he has a great disposition- kind of easy going and doesn't cry too much (until he comes home with us I'm sure). He is rolling over like a champ, scooting across the floor no problem, has taken one knee forward in crawling stance, can support his weight standing- really doing well for being in the baby house since birth. They do only have maybe 8 kids in his 'group' and probably 3 caregivers so that's a great ratio. He's sweet and funny and watches everything and everybody. I just can't wait for everyone to meet him and adore him just as much as we already do. Believe me- you will think he is the best baby ever just like us. Hopefully this post will go through. I think the last one got deleted. I can't wait until we have our internet and can read things in English (I think I pushed the delete button in Russian instead of save- oops)! Here goes...-m

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!! But guess I'll have to. Give him a hug from me.

jenmiddleton said...

WOW! So much happening...and the little man sounds ADORABLE. We can't wait for more details, of course. Hadley says she can't wait to meet her new neighbor. All is well here -- Massie misses you (so do we). Sending lots of love! xo Eric and Jen

geri said...

Thank you thank you thank you for some description, so that he can be as real to us as he is to you!!! Can we know his name? Peter, remember how we used to kiss your tummy to make you laugh? Give him one of those for me! Love, Geri

Meredith said...

SO exciting. Sounds absolutely perfect. Thanks for sending this!

jenmiddleton said...

Awwwww, Peter --- I didn't know you liked your tummy kissed!! :-) HAHA!

geri said...

oops...sorry Peter!

Unknown said...

yeah, are you going to nickname him Boodles or P-Pie like his dear old daddy?

Ted Howard said...

If Geri expects Peter to remember these tummy-kiss-giggle episodes, Peter couldn't have been too young when they happened. Did these episodes continue through his college years maybe?

Awesome birthdate! Just don't forget to throw birthday parties with friends. I'm sure you know the stories.

Anonymous said...

This is all so amazing, and I LOVE hearing more about your son!!! He really does sound just perfect, and I cannot wait to hear more! It is incredible to hear how peaceful you sound about everything! I can see it now, your son can be roommates with Henry and Barrett at HSC? teehee

geri said...

More explanation...We did it to Peter...Peter did it to Kate!

Anonymous said...

precious stories, can't wait for more news and pics???!!!!

geri said...

Hi Peter and Maren: Peter, your mother was SO thrilled to have your email (so was I) and then Maren's long account of your trip and the baby boy. This is so exciting for you (and for us too) and we can't wait to hear more. Matt is sweating through day 2 of the bar today and is coming to the lake, perhaps with Blair. (I added something to that last sentence but erased it after your mother reminded me that the world reads a blog.) Love to all Lamar

Anonymous said...

He sounds AMAZING! What a wonderful blessing! We all can't wait to meet him.

I know you both will be so relieved (as will we all) to be on that plane headed back to the States to bring your son home!

In the meantime, continue to enjoy every single amazing minute with your new son (I know you will!). He will continue to surprise and amaze you!!

I have so enjoyed reading your blogs, with both goosebumps and tears!

Thank you for sharing this incredible experience with us!

Much love, Kennon and Charlie

Nan Howard said...

I love hearing you refer to him as "our boy"!! Congrats, so glad you are enjoying this special time with your son! Thanks for sharing with us all!!

Ann said...

I cannot wait to see photos of the little angel... he sounds absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait to hear more!!!

xoxoxox

Deborah said...

Are you having fun saying (and typing) "our son"? It makes my heart swell just to read it.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so happy for you both and your precious son. What a wonderful story this is. As soon as I know his name I can finish his present so blog on! Love , Cissa

Jennifer said...

We adopted last summer and didn't post any pictures or the name we picked until after court. At one point we were posting body parts, like hands, feet, ears to satify the blog readers.

-- Jennifer (the other jennifer)
euuayya@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

ps: random - you love "taking shoes off at the door!" It was hard for me to wear my shoes into the house after growing up in Japan! Love your colorful posts! and can't wait for more news about your boy!

Anonymous said...

Never have the words "our son" been so sweet!!! Congrats over and over....now we have to wait desperately for pictures. But I'm sure they will be well worth the wait and then some!!!
XOXO,
Jolie

Tray said...

Dear Baby Leggett

Go Steelers!

Tray

Tray said...

Sorry I am so late to write. Can not tell you how happy and proud I am of both you. I want pictures and a name.

Sarah sends her best.

Tray and Sarah.

Sarah Williamson said...

Adorable! Thank you for the details. This child is already SO loved! Such a lucky little guy. xo Sarah

Judie said...

Maren and Peter, just found out your wonderful news! I'm so happy for you all. Jim has kept me informed of your long process. And, boys are great; you know I am partial.
Can't wait to see pictures and hear a name.
Take care, God bless.
Judie

Jim said...

No one deserves this joy as much as the two of you. You'll be such fantastic parents. Keep posting--and a name please. Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

oh peter and maren--this is such a wonderful wonderful wonderful and exciting time--we are overjoyed and over the moon for both of you!! you both deserve all the happiness in the world and he is a very lucky little boy :) it's really pretty amazing to think of these deserving people coming together to make a family. so excited to see pictures and a name and all of it!!!! we love you and have millions of thoughts and prayers flying overseas right to you all!!

much love, mary catherine and marshall