Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fabulous Weekend

Hi All- So we had a wonderful weekend with my friend Carson in town and we absolutely adored having her little guy here too- he is SUCH a cutie. Talk about a belly laugh. We spent a lot of time talking about our upcoming adventure, did a little organizing, did a little shopping, went to dinner. It was great. And her quick little weekend actually turned into a long weekend when her flight was cancelled. I have to admit I was really happy to have another day with the both of them. But when I dropped her off this morning, I realized that we only have about 48 hours left before we go. I'm freaking out! Peter the Procrastinator has finally started packing tonight though thank goodness. So I think we will be ready to go soon (we better be, right?). Peter's sis, Ann, is coming in for the day tomorrow to help out and hang out. Peter has a few errands but the only thing I am planning on doing is going to the Textile Museum tomorrow to check out the exhibit on Tent Bands of Central Asia. I thought we might buy a rug while we're over in K-stan so I thought I'd like to learn a little bit about them. And I am dying to see the movie Knocked Up so maybe we'll head to that tomorrow night to keep our minds off of things. That and an Ambien should do the trick. Then we'll wake up and get ready to head out. OMG! -m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo excited for you two! And so fun that you are sharing with us like this! Hoping all the best for you two as you make this amazing journey. Trudy

Anonymous said...

Maren and Peter - I have goosebumps just thinking about the adventure you are about to embark on. I look forward to getting updates from Meredith. Claire and I are excited to plan playdates this fall! Safe travels....Amanda