Friday, September 28, 2007

Busy Busy Busy!

Hey All! Rinat is a crawling fool these days but he doesn't want to leave anything behind so he has started carrying them in his mouth like a dog- especially his cherished bottle of water. He's so funny. I hope everyone has been doing well. We sure have! My mom is in town which has been really great. She has been a huge help to me and of course Rinat thinks she's the greatest ever because she'll play with him 24/7- unlike me who has laundry to fold and dishes to wash and dinner to cook. And it has been especially good timing that she is in town right now since I got picked to serve on a jury. I didn't defer because I thought the likelihood of actually getting placed on a jury was pretty small and I might as well get it over with. But no, I am actually having to serve. But it's been good because Babushka Shay has been here to take care of him while I'm there doing my civic duty. But we have been doing lots of fun stuff too like having a picnic in the park and just playing nonstop. He's such a good little guy and I am surprised at how quickly he has settled in. He is consistently sleeping through the night, and he goes down easily for 2 naps every day, and he eats nonstop. I bet he's gained at least a couple of pounds in the last few weeks since we've been home. And he has come to love his stroller and he likes to go to the park and watch the other kids. He is just unbelievable. He can also climb the stairs and is starting to cruise the furniture. And he talks constantly (dad must've rubbed off on him). He spent a good part of yesterday screaming "DADADADA!!!" at the top of his lungs just for the fun of it. And his little tooth is all the way through and I get a glimpse of white protruding from his gums every time he opens his mouth. For all you parents out there- Hyland's Teething Tablets are a godsend. I think 2 of those do more to relax him than my 5:00 martini does for me. He really is just wonderful. Every once in a while, he has some kind of issue (like diaper rash) that causes him to wake up too early in the morning but I have to admit that I'm secretly happy about it. Peter goes to get him and changes him or gives him a bottle and then when he won't go back to sleep in his crib, we bring him into bed with us and when I hold him he falls back to sleep in seconds. It the best way to start my day and the entire rest of the day I have that Jack Johnson song running through my head that says "When the whole world fits inside of your arms, do you really need to pay attention to the alarm? Wake up slow, mmm, mmmm, wake up slow". I hope all is well with everyone out there. Until next time. -m

8 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, glad to hear such a cute update on Rinat. How old is he right now? He is super cute, and i'm glad his Babushka is there so you can do your civic duty.

Hylands teething tablets-I will remember that. :)

Sandi said...

It is great to read your update. I am always checking to see how you guys are doing. He is growing so much and gets cuter with each picture you post.

I swear all of your blogs have helped while I wait for an invite to travel. Hoping soon as my dossier has been in country a little over 2 weeks.

geri said...

I am always so happy to see another blog...I hate that this is the way I will keep up with my grandson, but it's better than nothing! It's hysterical that he carries thngs in his mouth while crawling...I can't wait to see that in person.

Carson said...

Glad you all are having fun and that jury duty is not too bad.

Unknown said...

He better keep perfecting that crawl, because Auntie Kate is coming to DC this week, and we have a lot of playing to catch up on!!

I am stocking up on my energy reserve.

Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all three of you guys! Sweet and I are looking forward to meeting the little guy very soon!

Nan Howard said...

We had a great time visiting Rinat this weekend! He is so much fun! Here's a path to the pictures:

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=3Aas2Ldk5Ysnq

Nan, Walt, Sam & Sara

Anonymous said...

So much fun to visit with Rinat this wkend at his Family Reunion!!! He fits in perfectly! He is quite social, accepting all of us easily. You are blessed, as is he.