Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lots of Vistors this Week

Hey! Wow has this week just flown by! Last weekend was really busy with my my mom, brother, sis-in-law and their two kids in town. It was so much fun. And on Saturday, we had a little mini family reunion with all of us plus my mom's sister & bro-in-law in from Texas, and my cousin & her boyfriend from NYC, and my other cousin & his gfriend (who live here in DC). It was so great to be able to see everyone. And then we went to the zoo not just once but twice- once on Sat and once on Sunday. Gotta love that everything is free in DC. Peter had a great time with Nephew Sam who was just so adorable with Rinat- he is so excited to have a boy cousin. And we got to see how big Niece Sara has gotten now that she is a year old. One night we threw them all in the tub for a Cousin Bath and it was so adorable. Then on Mon&Tues I still had to serve on the jury which was not fun but it was nice to have Mom here to watch Rinat. Meanwhile, after dropping Mom at the airport, Peter took our little guy to the doctor on Monday afternoon for massive diaper rash and we found out he also had Scarlet Fever. Oops. So anyway, one more trip on Friday for the rash that wouldn't leave and he is now almost back to normal. But you really wouldn't even know that there was a thing wrong with him because he is just as happy as a clam. He loved getting all of the attention from grandma, cousins, aunts, and uncles. And I was done with jury duty as of Tuesday so it has been really great finally being able to get into a routine. Again, I am just so amazed at how well he is able to just roll with the punches. Of course he was really confused when I brought him into the guest room on Thursday to say good morning to Peter's sister Kate who is staying with us for a few weeks. I think he was wondering where Grandma Shay went and who was this new person. But it only took him a second to break into a smile. And I know exactly what he was thinking "Aha! A new person to adore me. Awesome.' Have a good week! -m

5 comments:

Susan said...

He gets cuter by the minute. My son had scarlett fever too, and we didn't know it either.

I'm so glad he is enjoying all his lovin from family.

Hey, my sister has some good friends who are with CAI and adopting from Kaz who live in DC. I have been encouraging them to stalk your blog to see how cute Rinat is. :)

Mollie said...

I check out your blog at least 20 times a week--thanks for continuing it! So glad everyone is doing well and you're enjoying all your company as well as this summertime weather--wow!

Hugs to each of you, including Auntie Kate! xoxo-- Mollie

Anonymous said...

and I had scarlet fever too, while a kiddo in Japan! No problem!

Anonymous said...

I'm just SO happy that you keep bloggin for all of us junkies! I can't even imagine how happy that little man is to be surrounded by so many loved ones! Give him and Auntie Kate big hugs for me!
XOXOXO,
Jolie

Sandi said...

Yeah I am so glad your continuing to blog. Rinat is just so cute and gets cuter in each picture.

That is great that your family was able to visit him and that he loves the attention.

I hope you will continue to update the blog stalkers, it helps us during our waiting process.

Sandi