Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Alive and Well

Hi Everyone! Here's a photo of our sweetie in the tub. He's just so cute you want to squeeze him all the time, don't you? Me too. I can't believe we have been home so long- and that I haven't posted in almost a week. Time is just flying by and we are getting more and more into our little routine every day. We have had several doctor appointments and several groups of visitors and Rinat is doing fantastic through it all. I am constantly amazed by him and his ability to adapt to new situations and new people. He is also wearing us out- but in a good way of course. Spending the entire day with him is wonderful but I just about crawl into my bed at the end of it. Today was especially tiring as our little sweetie is finally having a couple of teeth sprout up. I kept thinking that it had to be sometime soon with the amount of drooling and chewing on things that he has been doing. Today he was extra fussy and I just assumed it was due to the diaper rash that he has developed since I am weaning him off the Kazakh formula. He took a big chomp on my finger as he always does but this time I felt something. I thought maybe it was a crumb or something that he had picked up off the floor, but nope. It is actual teeth! His bottom right one is coming in a tiny bit faster than the bottom left. And I can't even tell you how amazed I am at his skill at standing. Now, not only does he pull himself up on things and walk his hands from the sofa to the table, but today he bent down, picked up a toy, and stood back up while holding onto my pants leg. Wow. I was impressed. Anyway, it is 8:40 which is sadly now past my bedtime so I am off to get some snooze time before he wakes me up in the a.m. I hope all is going well with all of you and I swear I won't let so much time go by before I post again. Oh, I forgot to tell you that one of the appointments that we had this week was at the eye doctor. They took a look at the cyst by his eye and reaffirmed what all the other people said- that it is nothing to worry about but that it will grow over time so we should get it taken out before it affects his vision- sooner rather than later. So we'll have to put that on the calendar asap so that he can heal up before the holidays hit. And they also did an eye check and told me that he will likely be just a little bit nearsighted (as am I). How can they tell that already? I thought it was sort of amazing. Alright off to bed. Have a great night! -m

9 comments:

geri said...

Yeah! Another blog! Rinat is so cute and must love his bath, as his little face and hair are soaking and he is still smiling! I thought he was cutting a tooth when I saw him this week-end...I kept seeing a little flash of white in his mouth. I don't suppose they let you rub whiskey on his gums anymore but there must be something else to help the pain...Poor little Rinat! Can't wait to see him again!

Susan said...

yay!! so glad to hear from you. :)
He is adorable! I am so glad that it's going well. So glad to hear he's adjusting well and doing great.
Thanks for letting me stalk your blog.
I delivered my apostilled i-171h yesterday to CAI so now they can do their thing and get my dossier in country. It seems like the wait just got longer cuz everyone wants a cute Kaz baby now. :) But, I'm sure we'll go eventually, so keep posting so I don't get depressed while i wait.

HE IS SO ADORABLE!

Nan Howard said...

Thanks for the update - everything about the post is oh so normal in the world of parenting - how fantastic! Hyland's teething tablets are what Walt and I have come to love for releiving the pain and discomfort associated with teething. Looking forward to our visit and meeting the cutie pie! Sam is very excited about his boy-cousin and all the fun they will have together!
Love,
Nan

Ann said...

What a cute photo!!! I can't wait to see the little peanut again soon... school is getting in the way (so are my 3 jobs!)!!! Go with the whiskey on the gums... apparently that's what mom did to me and I turned out okay! Well... sort of.... :)

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah! I was missing my Rinat fix:)

He IS a super cutie! I enjoyed hearing how well he is adjusting to your American life, and look forward to following in your footsteps to Kaz!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you again! Tho't we lost you to "normal busy parenting routine!" My spies have confirmed that Rinat is the cutest ever and have convinced us to come for a visit! Rinat has a huge fan club and it sounds like he's handling it well so far! give credit to his parents for that! be there soon --

Carson said...

What a cute photo. i love seeing and hearing all about your days at home. Glad you all had fun at the park this am. Talk to you soon, and have a great time with your mom.

marsrob said...

That is the CUTEST photo! My husband and I found your blog - frankly, I don't remember how anymore - but we've been following your incredible journey. We just received our referral last week - and we are waiting for our LOI so we can go meet and bring home our baby girl. Very excited! Actually, that is an understatement. Anyways, we both think that your baby is unbelievably adorable and very, very lucky to have you. Thanks for blogging - it has helped us so much!

- Jennifer
(We have a password protected blog - if you are interested in accessing it, email me at jennylri@yahoo.com)

Regina said...

Hello! I just wanted to say hi and and thank you for writing such a great blog.

We will soon be following in your footsteps, and our dossier is currently in translation.

Rinat is a total sweetie! He is so cute and looks happy as can be. You all 3 look like your were meant to be together.

All the best,
Regina

www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com