Thursday, September 6, 2007

Almaty

OK so this will be a quick one but I'll come back and edit it when I get a chance- I only have 4 minutes. We're in Almaty, Rinat did wonderfully on the plane, it is gorgeous here and we love it, we've been to the doctor to get the thumbs up for him to immigrate to the States and we'll get the results tonight and then go to the embassy tomorrow. Everything is fantastic and we are really enjoying our time here. Last night we met a really nice woman from Flushing, NY who also adopted and talked to her for a long time. Alright, I'm out- more later. -m

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was crying throughout the last half or so of your previous post. i am so looking forward to a chance to meet rinat and spend some time with you and peter again, whenever that might be.

gretchen

(i decided to comment here because that post already has 15 comments and this one has none.)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the little fellow did well on the plane. Bodes well for the trip home on Sat.
Almaty sounds very interesting. I looked it up in the World Atlas. Apears to be very near the western China border.
Keep it coming, if you have time. This has really been an adventure!
Maren, we have all decided you should write a book.....might be a best seller & you would be rich & famous. We could all say "we knew her when....." :)
Pete

Carson said...

i am so gald you are their and hope your goodbyes were not too bad. Thinking of you all on your journey home.

Ann said...

I can't believe this trip is almost over... I feel as though you've been gone forever (but I'm sure it has flown by for you!). I am so excited for Saturday... I just can't stand it!!! My friends are sick of me talking about it!!!

I agree with Dad (and everyone else) about you writing a book... not only will you be rich and we can all say "we knew her when," but you will also have all of Rinat's (and any future little Leggetts) schooling paid for!!!

Have a safe, wonderful (hopefully somewhat quiet) trip home... I'll see you Sat. at the airport!!!

xoxox
Ann