Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Monster

Hi All!
I woke up not feeling super fantastic. Nothing major, but it makes me so sad to not be able to make the absolute most of my last few days. I even ended up staying home with Rin in the afternoon rather than go to the BH. I know, can you believe it? But I’ll make up for it by going the next two days in a row.

But the day was OK too. We started our day by playing Fashion TV with our boy who insisted we dress up and walk the runway while he directed. And I don’t know if I mentioned the snow. We got a couple inches overnight to go on top of the slushy snow from yesterday and it is so pretty. I just loved driving through the city and having it all covered and shimmering in the sunshine. And, of course, we had to promise Rin some snow angels later. Maybe it was the weather or something but Sumo’s hair was sticking straight up in the air. I mean, it was enough to rival Rinat’s at its best. I love it. That soft fuzz that brushes against my chin as I hold him is pure heaven. And I hold him a lot. He insists on it. Now if only I could make it smell the way I want it to- but soon enough, right?

Rinat’s doing well too. His latest thing is to blame any and everything on “A monster did it.” Tonight I heard a clatter in the bathroom while he was taking a bath and I went in there to find Peter’s razor on the floor. I asked Rin what happened and as usual, his answer was “A monster did it.” But this time he elaborated and told me “He came out of drain, slithered through the bath, climbed up the side, reached up, and threw it on the floor.” All I could do was laugh. I love that he has a sense of humor and creativity.





Love to all, -m

2 comments:

Ann said...

LOVE the creativity that boy has!!! All I could ever muster was to blame everything on Peter and sometimes Matt (and that usually worked with my dad because I was his princess who could do no wrong, but my mom was definitely on to me)... Can't wait to see y'all in NYC!!! Good luck in court and safe travels!!

xoxox
Auntie Ann

Diane said...

Hmm, soon he will be blaming his brother!!!