Thursday, December 2, 2010

Elf in Kaz

Hi All!
So we have a visitor in our apartment- Elf has come to Kaz. Have you all heard of Elf on the Shelf? Well, the little elf that lives at our house at Christmastime found us here in Kazakhstan and is watching Rinat to report to Santa how he’s behaving and is telling him all of the things that Rinat would like Santa to bring him for Christmas. I am hoping he will make Rin behave in court on Friday.

Speaking of which, I have got to write my speech. I’m so nervous about it. Thankfully, we have been told to keep it short but I am not the best at giving speeches. The writing part comes pretty easily, but the speaking part not so much. I remember asking for the judge to let us adopt Rinat and I was crying and couldn’t read my notes so I had to wing it. But we must have done OK because let us bring Rin home to live with us. But I truly feel like our time here has flown by. We have only two days left. Thursday is a regular day with visits in the morning and afternoon, Friday morning is court and afternoon is our last visit with our sweetpea. It will be so bittersweet- hopefully we will get a yes from the judge and will celebrate that but at the same time we will be saying goodbye to our little man for a long long time. I am anticipating lots of tears- both happy and sad. Then on Saturday morning we fly to Almaty, have 14 hours to fill, then begin our long journey home at 4am on Sunday. I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Today was pretty uneventful. Same old thing. Loving on babies, getting puked on, entertaining Rinat… It was good. I am going to miss all of the babies. I love all of them and hope they can all find a family. Some in particular I am hoping will be adopted. When we leave on Friday, it is also the last time I will get to play with any of them and I will always wonder where they are in the world and hoping that they have someone to love them.




Love to all, -m

4 comments:

Mollie said...

Will miss your blog! Have a safe trip home. The days will fly by and you'll be back picking up Sumo before you know it! XOXO Mollie

pete said...

Good luck in court...you will do great...we will all be thinking about you....if you speak from the heart....which you will..the judge will melt & soon you will be traveling back to the States with Sumo...
Keep the Faith...know that we have you, Peter, Rinat, and Sumo in our thoughts & prayers...can't wait to see you at the FHLCR VIII in NY!
Love you,
Nana & Granddaddy aka Pete

pete said...

Good luck in court...you will do great...we will all be thinking about you....if you speak from the heart....which you will..the judge will melt & soon you will be traveling back to the States with Sumo...
Keep the Faith...know that we have you, Peter, Rinat, and Sumo in our thoughts & prayers...can't wait to see you at the FHLCR VIII in NY!
Love you,
Nana & Granddaddy aka Pete

China Dreams said...

How fortunate that the elf was able to find you-maybe he'll chase that monster away!