Friday, December 3, 2010

And the Verdict Is...

He said YES!
Yup, we went to court this morning and he ruled in our favor.  Barring anyone appealing his decision in the next couple of weeks, I will be heading back over here to pick our little Sumo up in about a month when all of his paperwork is done.  I will add details when I can but I just wanted to let everyone know that there were no issues with court and we are all set to leave for our epic journey home starting tomorrow morning.  YAY!!!  And, unbelievably, I didn't even cry.  Well, not much anyway.
Love to all, -m
Oh, and did you check out the weather over here.  -7 degrees.  Yup, did you notice that negative in there?  And we're getting ready to walk over to the City Mall for one last hurrah at Assorti and the Jungle Park.  Brrrr...

9 comments:

Ann said...

YAY!!!!!! I'm sooooo happy for y'all (and the rest of us too!!!)! Can't wait to meet him!!!

xoxoxo
Ann

Diane said...

WAHOOOO!!! COngratualtions, I am crying for you all, happy tears of course over the positive court verdict! I can't wait to hear all about it.
Love, Diane, Ciera and Tienna

minime0910 said...

Congrats!!! Have a safe flight back!! ~Erin

The Robeys said...

Congratulations to all four of you. Have a safe and uneventful trip home.

Unknown said...

What fabulous news....we know you are relieved....CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Have a safe trip coming home...can't wait to see you...tears are welling up as I write this.....I am so very, very proud of the three of you and most of all of you Maren....my son is extremely lucky to have you as his wife....& Rin having you as his Mother...
Words are so inadequate at a time such as this.....Just know that we love you all very, very much.
Can't wait to build sand castles with Sumo & Rinat at the beach next summer.....every grandfather's dream....Give Rin a SUPER BIG HUG from Nana & Granddaddy.....
The tears are really flowing now...My emotions have taken over... To say we are happy for you & Sumo is an understatement !!!
Love you all,
Pete

Carolyn Tarpey said...

Congrats! What wonderful news, I am sure you are all just so happy to have a new son and a brother for Rinat.

Safe travels home and a quick return to Sumo!

Best,
Carolyn and Henry
Kaz mama!

a said...

whew and wow! Great job guys!!! 'Can't wait to meet Sumo!

China Dreams said...

Phew, right? Congratulations! No doubt the month will fly.

Jennifer said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!! I hope you made it back home safe and sound and are now recovering from jet lag- again. :-)