Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Lot to be Thankful For

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Here's a photo of our sweetie literally SURROUNDED by admirers. Wow- what a lot we have to be thankful for this year. Peter and I have been absolutely bursting with happiness this whole year. Not only do we have the most adorable, smart, energetic, fun,- shall I go on?- baby in the world, but we also have had such an amazing welcome home for our sweet baby from family and friends over the last couple of months. We have literally been swamped with well wishers and, of course, our little guy just soaks up all of the attention. Who wouldn't? We have had family member after family member come to spend time with our little one but this week was the first time we have taken him on a road trip. He was, of course, adored by all. We had turkey dinner with GParents Pete and Nancy and their whole clan and he had tons of fun being cute for them. And Nancy opened up her store (children's clothing) and we got the most adorable outfits for him to wear. He's so spoiled! And then GParents G and Mar had a welcome party for him and it was just so wonderful to see all of those people who followed along on our journey to Kaz actually get to meet our little guy. Literally, people who I didn't even think knew told me they were checking our blog multiple times a day to see the updates. And, after finally meeting him, they adored him almost as much as we do! And, as usual, I am in awe of my son and how well he is able to adapt. He was passed from person to person day after day this past week and complained not a bit- even though he yet again has a full body rash. As a matter of fact, I think he's a little sad that it's just us again. He's back to being stuck into the jumper when mom has to empty the dishwasher or take the laundry upstairs. Oh well, Christmas is right around the corner offering the opportunity to be fawned over yet again. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as wonderful as this one. Love to all at the start of this glorious holiday season. -m
BTW- people keep asking what I want for Christmas, and all I can say is "a girl". But in the meantime, here are the two most wonderful boys in my world wishing for you all to have a great week :-)

5 comments:

geri said...

G and Mar miss Rinat!!! Send Shutterfly...I have to keep adding to the "shrine"! Hope his rash is getting better. Cholly Fox says there is fool proof recipe that is made here...guaranteed to clear up those rashes in a day. Call him if you want him to have some made up for you. I love all of you! Geri

Sandi said...

I am so happy you posted an update. I know such a blog stalker :) Seriously I am getting ready to journey around the world to meet my daughter and I hope my trip is as successful as yours, your son is absolutely precious.

He gets cuter with each new post.

sandi

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time with you guys over Thanksgiving. What a beautiful family you make! Rich has been asking about the photos he took....how did they turn out? Is there any way to get them posted on the blog, on a photosite or emailed to us? Thanks for sharing your fabulous adventure with Mr. Adorable!! Much love to you all, Pam and Rich

Susan said...

He is so darn cute I can't stand it! He does get cuter!

So...you want to go back to Kaz for that girl? :)

Anonymous said...

Rinat looks like he's putting his little fist out for a little friendly knuckle bumping. "Yo, dawg, Merry Christmas, whassup."

Hey, see you in a week and a half! I'm so glad you won't be at a football game in another state that weekend. I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting your adorable kid.

love, Gretchen