Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Hi All!
I started crying before I typed even the first word of this. But as Rin always asks “Mommy, are those happy tears?” and they really truly are. How can I even express how thankful we are this year? We began trying to start our family the month after I turned 30 (but it had nothing to do with age, I swear!). And here we are, 7 & ½ years later finally with what I always wanted. We have two wonderful children to love each other, play with, fight with, grow up with, share happy and sad times, deal with their annoying parents together (only kidding), and be there for each other. I have pretty much everything I ever wanted. And we are happy. I look forward to many fun times together and most of all, I look forward to watching them grow up as brothers. I had a good time with my brothers. We never really fought all that much that I can recall and generally enjoyed each other’s company. We still do. And I am so glad that I can give that to my two boys.

Our Thanksgiving was pretty darn good. We, of course, headed to the baby house as always. We brought some treats for the caregivers and I think they were happy to have a little treat. Rin was really sweet with Sumo today and had him doubled over laughing by jumping up and down which was the best Thanksgiving gift ever. Lunch was at the Ukrainian place which is pretty good. They have this little chalkboard for the kids to use. I came over and Rin was drawing a giant sun on it and Oxana had drawn a little house. Rin informed me that it was the Baby House and Sumo was there and he was really sad. “Why is he sad?” I asked him. “Because he misses his mommy.” “Oh yeah, and who’s his mommy?” “It’s you, silly!” Those were sweetest words I heard all day long. When we left the restaurant, it was snowing which was a happy surprise for us all.

Sumo was in a really good mood in the afternoon and I got lots of laughs out of him. Actually Oxana was entertaining all of the babies while they were on their tiny potties by jumping up and down and waving her arms around. They were really funny and she got lots of smiles from them. I always love it when people show them some attention. There’s only so much time the nannies can give them so I think it’s really nice that we get to be in the room with them. Even if it’s just a pat on the head or a tickle under the chin, it’s nice for them to get. After putting little Sumo to sleep, she and I went to print out our photos for court that prove we were actually here and visiting him this whole time. And then we went on a hunt for rotisserie chicken for our tiny little Thanksgiving Feast. I came home bearing chicken and Peter informed me that he needed to run out and pay for some more minutes on the internet and he also came home with some cake from Charlotka. Yum. So we enjoyed our Thanksgiving chicken, the stuffing and gravy I brought from home, some veggies and some wonderful Reforma cake. It was a pretty good Thanksgiving. Oh, and when I asked Peter what he was thankful for he told me “Sumo and the rest of my family” Rin told me “Sumo. And C (another baby). And T. And…what are all those other babies’ names? And Elf (the movie).” Me, I’m thankful for Fashion TV that we just discovered that we have on our TV here. Only kidding, you all know what I’m thankful for. Happy Turkey Day!

Gobble Gobble, -m





2 comments:

China Dreams said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!

Kate said...

Happy Thanksgiving from ATL to KAZ! Sounds like a magical Turkey Day with happy babies and fresh snow!

We love you all!
xxoo
Auntie Kate and Uncle Jason