Saturday, November 20, 2010

Let it Snow!

Hi All!
Rinat was so excited to come out of our apartment today and see that there were big snowflakes floating out of the sky. It was only a tiny dusting of it but he was really excited nonetheless. He wanted to know when it was going to snow enough to have a snowball fight. And when there would be enough that we have to shovel it. And when there would be a giant snowstorm where it went ‘insert arms flailing and sounds effects of snowstorm here’. And when he could eat it. And when he could go ice skating like on TV. And where we could go sledding over a big bump like last year at the park… He’s going to be highly disappointed if it doesn’t happen before we leave.

Little Sumo was all smiles again today when we went to pick him up from his crib. It makes me so happy. The doctor said that he is much happier since we came- not nearly as much crying. He is patient and waits to eat whereas he used to be one of the first ones to eat because he would wake up and immediately start crying until they came and got him. He still loves his food. Rin used to scream if we didn’t feed him fast enough but thankfully Sumo just sort of grunts. Every once in a while he will cry when the food bowl is empty though. His cry is so pitiful. For being the chunkster that he is, he has a tiny little cry. And his face is so sad that it makes me laugh because it is like a caricature. But these baby house kids are pretty stoic. But I’m sure I’ll ruin him when we get him home and I run to his aid at the slightest little whimper. And have I mentioned how adorable it is when he sucks his fingers? When he’s tired or hungry, he takes his two first fingers, turns his hand upside down, and sucks on them so the other fingers sort of curl up around his little lips. It’s precious.

And they have informed us that they are going to have to move him to another crib with a lower mattress because he is pulling up- they noticed too, huh? I had hoped that, like the crawling, it was a passing phase but it looks like it’s here to stay. He just better not walk before we come back to get him.

Rin had a sort of meltdown today at lunchtime so we brought him home for lunch and an early nap because he said he didn’t feel good. He was, thankfully, fine and has been driving me bonkers all afternoon wanting me to play with him. So much for the ‘poor me, I’m sick’ act he put on earlier. I think he may have just have been hungry.

And I don’t think I mentioned that we have flights home on the last day that our visa is valid- whew! Our wonderful travel agent, Eldo, kept checking and there were cancellations out of Almaty so we’ll head out of Karaganda on the 4th to catch the 4am flight out of Almaty on the 5th and be home that afternoon. Big load off our mind. Now the only hitch would be if the judge can’t see us by the 3rd. We apply for court on Monday so here’s hoping we get our date!

Love to all, -m


3 comments:

China Dreams said...

Glad to hear that the flight/visa problem won't be a problem. Your description of Rin's love of snow and Sumo's finger sucking are adorable.

Mollie said...

I'm in love with Sumo and his sucking fingers! Tell Rin that it's supposed to snow on Wednesday and I'll keep my fingers crossed! I love snow, too! It's supposed to rain here on Thanksgiving Day which is this Thursday. Are you going to be able to eat turkey and pumpkin pie??! Until the next blog...hugs to each of you! Mollie

Diane said...

Phew the flight worked out!! Now the court date will as well. I'll keep al my fingers and toes crossed.

Uh oh, seems like my daughter to teaching more than just dancing in the crib room...look Sumo this is how you pull yourself up!

I had to laugh about Rin and the snow, it's slightly flaking here, Ciera saw it and came running into the kitchen, face glowing with her snow pants in her hands "can I go out and play in the snow now?"