Monday, October 11, 2010

Still Waiting- Oct 12

Hi All!
Still no baby house.  Just thought I'd start with that since I know it's what you are all obsessively checking the blog for, family and friends. 

I hate to say it, but we've had a return visit from Mr. Doom and Mrs. Gloom.  It is partly because of the fact that we left home a week ago and have yet to meet a child that could possibly join our family.  But it is in great part due to the fact that all three of us are sick.  So annoying.  Rinat started with the sneezing on Saturday, Peter slelpt literally all day Sunday, and my throat somehow became ridiculously painful during quiet time on Monday.  So I will be brief in my description of our minimal activities yesterday and will let the photos do the talking for me.  Yesterday, we hung around all morning hoping that they would call and tell us to put on our coats and meet them downstairs to hop in the car and see babies (our coordinator had to meet with the baby house directors and then was going to hopefully get us there asap).  When it didn't happen by 11:00, we headed out to explore some of the city (photos below, descriptions to come) and get some lunch.  Then back home for Quiet Time and more waiting by the phone with no luck.  Another trip to the store, bath, and bed.  That's it.  Nothing exciting.  We broke down and called Oxana at 8:30 last night and she told us that Natasha has to meet with the social workers and get a piece of paper, or give them a piece of paper, or something else having to do with paper and we won't go until this afternoon (hopefully).  So we wait.  And wait.  And wait some more.  Sigh.

 And, just because I can, I am going to allow myself one 'poor me' a week.  Can you belive the water situation?  Is it sufficiently clear from the photo that the water is merely dripping out of the faucet?  And you can't see it but it is sometimes blazing hot and then turns to icy cold then back again.  And what's the one thing you want when you don't feel good?  A hot steamy shower?  Yeah, me too. But I ain't gettin' it.  Poor me.







Hopefully our vistors, Doom and Gloom, will make their exit soon and I will have some good news for the next post.  Go take a steamy shower for me just because you can!  -m

6 comments:

tac said...

from your pictures I see that you're in Karaganda.

I've heard that the circus is in town, which might be a fun thing to do.

From a food point of view we really enjoyed Georgian & the Ukraine restaurant across the street from it. You may also want to try Matise, Asorti & the Brew Pub.

Hope you'll be meeting your little one soon!

tac said...

BTW you're in good hands with Oxana & Natasha and tell them that Grace (Zhanar) is doing well in NJ!

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing your pics. We were in Karaganda 2 years ago this month to adopt our son. Every fall since when the leaves change and the crispness returns I remember Karaganda! Assorti was a fav of ours. We went several times in Karaganda and also in Almaty. We went to an English pub - Johnny Walker not too far from City Mall. Chicken was Yummy and my husband enjoyed the fish and chips - huge portions so expect leftovers. We did the circus also. We had a really nice bowling alley attached to our hotel that your son might enjoy. It was a short taxi away from City Mall.

Thinking of you and hoping all works out for you!

Deborah said...

Just finished a hot shower and checked your blog before going to work...I'm doubly enjoying my squeaky clean-ness. With the time difference, I'm hoping you've been to the baby house by now! Hope you're all feeling better, and continuing to enjoy Kaz.

Love, Deborah

Unknown said...

Hang-in-there.....sometimes when things are the darkest.....the light will shine through.....
Keep the faith !!!
Love, Nancy & Pete

Marshall Park Slope said...

Maren and Pete! so glad the blog is still VERY much up and running! so happy for you two and sorry you are feeling bad! get well soon and MC and I love you both!