Wednesday, October 19, 2011

All Caught Up Now

Hi all-


So, here it is already October and I am still playing blog catch-up from this summer.  Let me give you the lowdown on August and September (which counts at summer ‘round here since it’s still in the 90’s and the mosquitoes swarm me the second I step outside).  Sometimes I hate VA.


August brought us our wonderful yearly journey to the beach.  It is one long trip, but the boys entertained themselves quite nicely for the 10 hours or whatever it was to get there this year.  Thank goodness for the dollar store is all I gotta say. 



A few little toys, a few little treats, a movie or two and then we were there- toes in sand, sun on bodies, smiles on faces.  Ahhh.  Well, for everyone except for our sweet high maintenance (when it comes to new textures) Bek that is.  The entire week, we spent trying to get him to tolerate the sand but it wasn’t until the very last morning that I had the brilliant idea (light bulb over my head) that I could leave his stinkin’ shoes on.  Duh.  And he walked around like he’d been doing it all week. 



Oh well, at least we know for next time.  But, as usual, the water was a big hit.  Rin boogie boarded, Bek floated, and a good time was had by all.  It was a week of castle building, bonding with extended family, puttputting, Bek falling asleep eating (not once, not twice, but THREE times), and lots and lots of fun.  I can’t believe it’s going to be another whole year before we get to do it again. 
Sigh.   











But back to reality and our own little part of the world because it was time for Rin to start his new school soon after we got back.  And he was so excited.  Already this year- I am writing this a month after the start of school after all- I am blown away by how much he is learning.  I mean really.  This is what my 4 year old is working on.  Can you believe my baby is writing words?  I mean, yes, I helped him sound them out and told him o+o says “oo” and s+h says "sh" but still.  He was so proud of himself.  And I was almost jumping up and down myself.  And, I have to admit, maybe a little bit sad that he’s growing up but that’s my job, right?  Raise him up right and then send him out into the world to live his life hoping that I've done all I can to prepare him.  My sweet baby (er, boy).   


And as for my other sweet boy, he just keeps getting sweeter and spunkier and more adorable every single day.  I am seriously obsessed with kissing him.  And he doesn't seem to mind too much.  At night, after their baths, the boys play upstairs rolling around on the floor being silly and just generally laughing nonstop.  It’s my favorite time of day.  And the other day, Bek decided to play the kissing game.  He would run to me and kiss my cheek, then to Peter and kiss his, and then to Rin and kiss him, and then back around to me again, Peter again and around and around.  He did this for a good 10 mintues or so while Rin continued to play 'jungle gym' with Daddy.  You would think that Rin would protest but I think he likes it just as much as we do. 



Our boys are amazingly close and I wish with all of my being that it stays that way.  They seem to have some sort of understanding between each other.  Some closeness that I can’t even begin to touch.  When I find myself losing my tempter and shouting at one of them (yes, it happens- don’t judge) the one always come to the other’s rescue from mean mommy with kisses and hugs and, on Rinat’s part, a toy offering to make our little guy stop crying.  It gets me every time.   



What a blessing these boys are.  They are full of energy and love and every single day I think about how different our lives would be if we have not ended up together.  All four of us were somehow put together by the universe and it couldn’t have turned out better.  I am counting my blessings each and every day. 


I hope you all find a reason to count your blessings today too.
Love to all, -m

No comments: