Sunday, July 20, 2008

When We Met

Good Morning Everyone! I woke up to the sweet face of our little boy today and, as always, it’s the best sight I could imagine first thing in the morning. And to think that I first saw this face only one year ago today. The second that I saw him then in Dr. Alma’s office in Astana, I was overtaken more by uncertainty than anything. Was this the child meant for us? But Gulsanna, with a raise of her shoulders and a nod of her head, told us that he was ours and the confusion turned adoration. How could anyone not fall in love with this face? The caretaker passed him to me and I can truly say it is the most surreal, most amazing, most terrifying , and most wonderful moment in my life. And when I looked over at Peter, I knew he felt the same. Every day Peter and I say to each other at least ten times “Do you think he’s the best baby ever?” The answer, of course, is always an emphatic “Yes.” -m

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Your memories are so much more exciting than stories about labor pains! But that first time holding your child..."priceless!" Happy anniversary, for the next 7 weeks!

Susan said...

great picture of the 3 of you.
I am so terrified/excited/scared of that moment when we'll meet our Baby Kaz...but so great to see all the positive love stories. :)