Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's Been a While

Hi everyone! Gosh, where do I even start? I feel like it’s been eons since I last updated you guys on what our little sweet pea is up to. I guess it kinda has been. Well, it’s not for lack of cute & fun stories to tell about him. It’s not because our lives are boring and I have nothing to report. Quite the opposite actually. It’s been just as wonderful having our guy with us as always. He is still just as amazing to me. Sometimes (this morning in fact) I look at him and just want to grab him and squish him and kiss him until he cries out for mercy. OK so I really did chase him around the house in his adorable little footie pj’s this morning after breakfast and grab and smooch him until he said “Mama, NO! NO! NO!” Is there such thing as loving your kid too much? If so, I’m definitely guilty. So… since I last posted, we have had a couple more firsts. We left our sweet baby for a weekend for the first time with Peter’s sis, Ann. We went away four our TEN YEAR anniversary (can you believe it?) and though Peter only checked in with her a couple times, my friends- the protective bulldogs that they are- called to check up on Ann and Rin 4 times. I still don’t think Ann believes that I didn’t put them up to it. He, of course, was fine and had tons of fun with his Auntie. And still, almost 2 months later, out of the blue will say “Aaaaannnn! Puppy!” because she brought her dogs. We also spent almost a week at the lake house and had a great time. We had Mer/Caroline and Nan/Walt/Sam/Sara come and he just had a blast with everyone. He just soaked up everything- the beach, the water, the finger-painting, and he learned 9 new words from his cousins (mostly Sara). The last day that we were there, he and the cousins spent the morning running up and down the hallway chasing each other and laughing hysterically. It makes me want a million of them. We also took a trip to Lynchburg where he had his first trip to the pool. It has since become a several-times-a-week activity at our house. He loves it and can spend hours and hours there until I have to drag him away screaming. Also in L’Burg, he rode on the tractor with Mar which was the equivalent of Peter riding in a delorian or something. He’s such a boy and loves all things that are construction related- especially diggers. He must say that word about 40 times a day. And speaking of which, we had his 18 month checkup the other day and they asked if he could say 4-6 words. I counted after I got home and he knows… are you ready for this?… 100 words- not counting animal noises and people's names. ‘No’ is, of course, his all time favorite but he also can say things like ‘raspberry’ and ‘river’. And he also knows the letters D, R, O, E and the number 8. I think he may be brilliant. Actually, I hope that every parent thinks that about their kid but I really do think he’s well on his way to living up to his name. And he's so flippin cute I can hardly stand it sometimes. One of his new favorite things to do is to find a booboo on Mama, kiss it, and say “Booboo, bye-bye” and wave to it. It’s the sweetest thing ever. He has also started to play pretend with his animals. He shares his snacks, drinks, and binkies with them, puts a diaper on them, puts them on the potty, and tucks them in. He also has enjoyed pretending to cook in his friend Hadley’s play kitchen. I’m considering getting one for him- do you think Pottery Barn makes one in blue? And, lastly, we are finally finally finally getting started with the next adoption. We had to change placement agencies because the Kaz program with CAI is on hold at the moment. So we are now with a new agency that some of our friends in Kaz used and we are happy so far. I put a link up to their website on the left of the blog. We are trying for a girl this time so it will take quite a bit longer (like a couple years) but we are happy to get going with things. And I think the timing will be a good thing since I think Rin will be a better brother if he can get a couple of years on his little sis. Things are a bit slower with Kaz adoptions right now and we had considered adopting from somewhere else but we went to a party at the Kaz embassy here in DC in May and felt such pride at our adopted country that it made us even more certain that Kaz was the right way to go- even if the process is a bit rockier this time around. Cross your fingers that we don’t hit any more road blocks! In the meantime, we will be enjoying every second with adorable, sweet, smart, funny, and ornery little Rinat. We hope all’s well in your world. -m

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, I'm sorry, but I have the cutest nephew ... in the world ... EVER! Honestly, those pictures of him are the greatest. He has grown up so much since I last saw him in March - he looks like a little boy now, and not just a baby anymore!

I can't wait to see him again - make sure he looks at pictures of his Auntie Kate and remembers who she is!!

xxoo
Kate

Deborah said...

Rinat is adorable! I am so glad I got to meet him in person last week. And I just love reading your proud mom posts.

Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...

Rinat is getting so big! It is amazing how after all this time, we still remember the beginning! FOr us it has been a over a year since we met Tay, and it is now getting to that point for you! How blessed are we?!

I am glad to hear your beginning the process again. We want to but will wait a little while longer. I have heard of MANY people not going with CIA, and I am glad to chose not to. We wish you the best of luck, and will continue to follow the blog.

Talk with you soon!

Always,
Maegan, Tony and Taylor

Susan said...

So great to get an update...your son is adorable!!! He gets cuter all the time. Congrats with starting on your second!!!

We are hoping to head to Kaz the beginning of August to finally meet our "Baby Kaz", but I won't believe it until we get there. :)

He is really really cute. :) I have always loved your blog. :)

Kaz Blog Reader said...

He is sure growing up quickly! We have a "Gulsana" baby too and reading about Rinat is like reading about Berik. It seems like all those Kaz kids are brillant. We had a checkup too and the Dr. was amazed with the words and how much he knew. Rinat is so adorable I can very well see how you'd love to hug and kiss him all day long. Just wait and see how much he changes between 18mths and 2 years. It is simply amazing at the rate they learn and grow. I love the picture of him with dirty hands coming from the sprinkler, all boy! Great post, although it has been a bit you did a wonderful job of catching us up. If you want to see who's behind check us out at www.berikjames.blogspot.com it will make you feel good about taking your sweet time to blog. There is just so much to do and when Berik is awake, I'm sorry but hanging out at the computer isn't what I'm wanting to do. Happy belated anniversary and congratulations on you upcoming adoption. I hear that WPA is fabulous! Gena LLoyd