Monday, October 31, 2016

Dec 2014

Hi all,
December was feeling pretty Christmassy around here.

As we went to get the Christmas tree, there was a tiny bit of snow to make it feel like Christmas.



The Nutcracker- we had to go of course.  I love it.  And Bek just absolutely loves it.  He loves the music, and the costumes, and the dancing.  And Rin loves that he gets to get snacks to eat while he watches it.  But he tolerates it so whatever.




Rin “Mom, you can take as many photos as you want on Christmas and I promise I won't complain.”  He knows when I’m old I want to be able to look at how much fun we had.  And so I did.

Last year in December, I remember that one night I kept hearing sirens around our neighborhood which doesn't happen very often.  They came closer and closer until I could see the lights on our street and I got a little bit alarmed.  Rin was in the bath but I peered out the window to see if a neighbor's house was on fire or something and what did I see but a fire truck driving slowly down our hill.  Followed by another giant truck that was all lit up with Santa on the roof waving to all the neighbors.  Poor Rin didn't make it out of the bath in time to see him drive past and he was really sad about it.  But this year as I started to hear the sirens coming closer and closer, I knew exactly what it was.  Just like last year, Rin was heading to the bath but this year I yelled "RUN RUN RUN! It'S SANTA!!!" and we ran as fast as we could to the window and threw open the shutters to see the fire trucks once again rolling slowly up the street with Santa waving to everyone- including my stark naked son waving like a lunatic yelling "I can't believe that Santa is in our neighborhood!"  And that, my friends, is why we live here.  Stuff like that that is completely unnecessary but just lovely and what makes all the difference between a place to live and a true neighborhood.  

Watching Santa's progression on NORAD and Rin says "So Santa's real.  I wasn't always sure if he was or not.  You know, like aliens."  Haha.  

The boys were very excited and helped me with dinner.  Rin washed and peeled carrots for the beouff borginon.  Then he set the table with gusto.  He used almost every single piece of cutlery, insisted on placemats and making sure the napkins were folded just so, candles were lit, and water poured.  Bek helped with the trifle, spooning everything in, and sprinkling things.  They were both excited and delightful to be around.  They were excited about dinner, they were excited about dessert, they were excited to open their one gift for tonight, and very excited to play with Bek's play-doh set he got after they were both showered and dressed in their Christmas pj's.  And then it was off to bed for our little angels.   They were eager to go because as Rinat said "I can't wait to go to bed so that I can wake up and it can be tomorrow already." Smart kid, huh?

Rinat said "I think I just saw Rudolph. And that led to Aibek saying he thought he saw Sprinkles the new reindeer that flies with him. So we left Santa a trifle and the reindeer a cucumber.  What evs.








The next morning we opened gifts then packed it all up to head out. Christmas in Lburg was nice. We saw Ann and AG for approximately 10 seconds and then she had to head out. Time there was uneventful but nice. Rin had asked to have a play date with his new friend now so they went over there one day. The weather another day was gorgeous so we went out walking and tried out the new flag football and skateboard. Then it was time to head back home to celebrate Bek and get ready for mom to come visit. 












More to come… -m

No comments: