Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Christmas/Birthdays and a Snowy Day 2012


Hi All,
So Christmas began as usual.  Stockings so full they are past bursting and a big fat pile of gifts for the boys.  And they took it opening them like ducks to water.  There was lots of “Oh my gosh I love it so much!”  And “It was just what I wanted!”  And from Bek’s corner, “Mama, look what mine get!”  Every kid’s dream. 








And of course, the next day was Rin’s 6th birthday.  Yes, my sweet baby is 6 already.  He ham man hands and man hairs on his legs.  I keep telling him to stop growing but he just tells me, “I can’t help it Mama.  I have to grow up.  It’s what I’m supposed to do.”  If only I could stop time.  We let him have whatever kind of cake that he wanted and he decided that he would like cinnamon coffee cake with raw cookie dough on top.  OK.  I love that this kid thinks outside the box. 





 And then Mother Nature sent a little gift to me in the form of snow.   Oh white stuff, how do I love thee?  There is nothing better for two little boys than to spend a couple of hours in the snow.  It doesn’t even have to be deep or anything.  It’s just the novelty of it that’s so exciting. 







And then it was time to head home to our horrible apartment.  But the upside was that we got to celebrate our little Bekster’s 3rd birthday.  Rin and Peter went off after we got home to pick out a cake from the store and our boy felt so special to have a cake that was all for him. 






All in all it was a fabulous holiday.  My sweet boys get just a little bit bigger and sweeter and more fun every year.  It's so fun to watch them grow.  Love to all, -m





No comments: