Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love Before First Sight

Hi Everyone!
I’m not gonna lie- Rinat was not super excited when I told him he was going to have a brother/sister soon. The weird thing is, back in June when we had the false start, he was really excited to have a one. But then it didn’t happen and I guess that he too felt some disappointment. He’s actually the one person that I regret telling back then before we knew for sure. But he has been slowly coming back around to the idea over the last couple of weeks and I think he’s actually pretty excited about it now. I have been talking it up and talking a lot about adopting him and showing him photos and videos of when we went to meet him and it seems to be working. Yesterday morning, I called him my Little Sweetpea as we were driving to school. And then I said “You know, Rin, pretty soon we are going to have two Little Sweetpeas in the backseat of the car.” He said “Yeah, I know, ‘Little’ is going to be your Sweetpea too.” Then he paused for a minute and seemed kind of lost in though and said “I love ‘Little.” I don’t think I need to even tell you that I almost had to pull over because I was of course tearing up at the sweetness of my little boy. Even I haven’t said those words yet. I sure hope he likes him as much when they actually meet face to face! And a quick note on the weather in Little’s city. It might be 90 degrees here in DC but it’s going to be a high of 44 there on Tuesday- holy smokes! So I just spent $100 on warm socks at REI. Do you think it’s possible to over prepare? Keep warm (or cool)! -m

1 comment:

China Dreams said...

I think you'd better pack some warm clothes-with the length of your stay, you definitely can't overprepare! And that was a very sweet moment in the car :-)