Friday, June 4, 2010

Carson Has ESP

Hi Everybody!
Carson has been telling me for months that we would meet our new child on June 17.  Then a couple of weeks ago, she switched it to June 18.  Well, sistah was correct.  My phone rang minutes after I got out of the shower this morning.  I was still dripping wet and it showed an area code that I didn't recognize.  I wasn't going to answer it, thinking that it was a wrong number an not wanting to bother with it, but decided to anyway for some reason (maybe my subliminal took over?).  And I am so glad that I did.  It was the director of our agency.  It took me a second to figure out why he might be calling.  For some reason, I was thinking that maybe he was calling to ask me again about our requests in terms of age/etc because we were next in line or something but instead he told me that there was a baby available for us to meet (OMG!).  I told him I was getting goosebumps and he said "Now, don't get them quite yet, nothing's set in stone!"  I was trying really hard not to cry because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to talk and ask questions of him.  I did hold it together and ask a few questions, but as all adopters know, and he had just said, nothing is set in stone.  But important thing is...
There is a baby available June 20 and we'd have to leave on the 18th.  Craziness! 
Today is a really really really good day!
-m

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh!!! I just talked to Peter. This is the most exciting news in a long, long, LONG time. I could do cartwheels, and I don't even know how to a cartwheel! So happy for you, and I know it's not set in stone - but, still, you deserve to celebrate!!

xxoo

Unknown said...

COngratulations!!!! So so so happy for you. Only 2 weeks away!!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, wow, wow! So exciting! I'm sad that you won't be at KP (will miss you!), but so happy and excited for you.

The 18th is so close! Exactly two weeks away. Oh my goodness. The packing frenzy now begins!

Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...

Wow and Congrats to all three of you! We cannot wait to follow your journey! Be safe, and Peter, the 20th if Father's Day!!!! Love you guys!

Susan said...

oooh i am so excited for you guys!! I will defintely miss seeing your bright and sunshiney family at Kazapoolza, but as you said....IF THERE IS A REASON TO MISS IT..THIS IS IT!!!

SOOO HAPPY AND CANNOT WAIT TO FOLLOW ALONG! :)

Ann said...

YAY!!!! Keepin my fingers and toes crossed that all goes as planned... and then we'll have a new little baby just in time for Kate's wedding!!! Woooo hoooo!!!!!

xoxox
Auntie Ann

China Dreams said...

A very good day, indeed. Congratulations :-)

The Cook said...

Yeah! We loved Karaganda...do you know what BH? Please feel free to ask me anything...we lived there for 2 months. Congrats!

The Cook said...

murielcollison@hotmail.com

Deborah said...

I am so excited for you!!!