Friday, December 21, 2007

Busy as Always!

Hi Everybody! We, as always, have been really busy with our little guy. This is a photo of Babycakes after we had the cousins over to hang out for a while. He missed his afternoon nap and so he fell asleep on the bathroom floor at 6:20 that night as I was putting on his butt medicine. He was tuckered out! We also took our guy to NYC for the weekend and I think it might be his favorite place in the world. It was one of those wonderfully cold, Christmassy, kinds of weekends when tourists take over the city. He was so busy watching everyone and everything going on around him that he didn't even want to eat. I think all he ate the whole weekend was some goldfish and cheese sticks. Other than visitors and trips out of town, he has just been really happy to hang out at home. His new thing is being upside down. I guess he wants to see the world in a different way? He thinks it's really funny when I do it too. That and when I chase him around. He is also really close to walking. He can stand for 10 seconds at a time but for some reason won't actually walk. Soon though. And his favorite toy? A wine cork. I guess it helps his new teeth feel better. He has also started screaming really really LOUDLY! I mean, he's so loud that I my eardrum keeps vibrating even after he stops. Sometimes he does it just for fun- to try his lungs out. Sometimes, though, it's out of frustration. Usually when there is something that he cannot reach or when he drops his spoon during meals. So we have been working really hard to teach him the sign for 'please' (it's easier than the help sign) and I swear he finally did it this morning. We'll definitely keep at it until he gets it because the screaming just rattles me (and the other people at the grocery store aren't too fond of it either). Oh, and I just have to give kudos to my wonderful husband who not only still offers to get up at night when Rinat cries (awesome, right?), but sent me to the spa for several hours on Monday to relax. And then when I came home, he told me to get out and shop or something and don't come home until tonight. How fabulous is that? I hope everyone has a relaxing and fun holiday! -m

3 comments:

Susan said...

that picutre of him sleeping is just precious....and you have a most wonderful hubby...what a sweetie.

We love hearing Rinat stories. HE is just adorable.

Have a very very Merry Christmas with your lil screamer.

I am visiting my family and there are (2 ) 3 year old boys--screaming and running is their favorite activity--so we spend a lot of time outside runnign around with them. SOCUTE!!!

Nan Howard said...

So cute! Thanks for continuing to share your experiences with Rinat! What size is that little guy now? Hope everyone's Christmas was delightful!
Take care-
Nan, Walt, Sam & Sara

Anonymous said...

Precious picture! It seems we cannot get enough! When you have recovered from Christmas and New Year festivities, please send more pics...we love them.

Happy 2008 to your growing family! Love, Pam and Rich