Tuesday, December 31, 2013

June 2013- Summer Fun

Hi all,
I didn’t take a ton of photos this month.   But I didn’t realize that until just now when I was looking for the best ones to post.  Usually, I have so many that I have to cut back to the 20 maximum that Blogger allows.  Oh well, I’ll just go ahead and put some of July since I took a ton and a half at the lake. 



My boys don’t really get sick ever.  Maybe it’s the baby house inoculation against any and all germs.  But Rin got majorly sick.  For the first time ever he literally laid on the sofa for three days with a high fever, not eating, just watching TV and sleeping.  It was so sad to see him be so unlike his usual energetic all over the place self.  It is just so different from his regular personality.  But I have to say that I didn’t mind the snuggling.  Rin is not a big snuggler except for when he doesn’t feel well.  But I knew he was himself again when he woke me at 7:01 and instead of crawling into bed with us, he asked if he could make his own breakfast.  And it was back to his regular loud crazy self.  And back to school for his last day of kindergarten with Ms. Ostrove.  Off to first grade (I can’t believe he’s a first grader!).      
  



And now that long summer days have arrived we are literally bombarded with kids from sun up to sun down.  They run around the neighborhood like a pack of elephants tearing a path and leaving chaos in their wake.  But it’s a good kind of chaos and the boys just couldn’t be happier.  Bek keeps telling me, “My lub mine house.  My lub it so much.”  They keep setting up stands to sell stuff in the front yards- there are cookies pilfered from the kitchens of their parents, cups of lemonade made from a packet William got from a birthday party, paper airplanes in all different colors, odds and ends from our art supply tub.  I mean, they never actually sell anything but I don’t think they really care.  The fun is in the planning and I love their entrepreneurial spirit. 

And Bek right there with the big kids running around with a stick like it's Lord of the Flies and he has the conch.  I’m so happy that neither of my boys are wallflowers, unsure of themselves and who they are supposed to be.  It will serve them well.  I am always curious who Bek would have turned out to be had he not joined us.  Would he be the boisterous confident boy he is now or is it because of his boisterous big brother that he turned into this?  And then I wonder if other people wonder about things like this?  Or maybe it’s just me thinking too much.  I tend to do that.   I guess it doesn't really matter why he turned out this way- I just love his personality.  He's so stinking funny.  I especially love how he does the thing that they do in cartoons. Before he starts to run he kicks his little foot in front and to the side of the other knee and puts his little fists to one side as he prepares to run and then he takes off.  I sometimes look to see if there is a little cartoon puff of dust after he disappears.  That kid cracks me up.    



Aibek is starting to talk really well now and we have big long conversations with each other.  I can understand what he’s saying most the time and he gets really frustrated when I sometimes can’t.  But I get him loud and clear when he says  “You ‘nuggle me?” in his sweet pleading little voice every single night at bedtime.  How could anyone say no to that?  And he has started to count “sebben, eight, ten, lebben, treeteen, lebben, sebben, sebben.”  But he can actually count to at least three and then I know he can do seven eight nine ten.  So we’re headed in the right direction.


We’ve had lots of fun at the pool so far this summer and the boys are really starting to actually swim.  I am so happy that Rin is finally getting some confidence in himself and not freaking himself out about going into the big boy pool (it starts at 4 feet which he can’t stand in yet).  He will now go in the big pool as long as I am there with Bek so he can count on me to get him if he starts to panic.  Bek however, will go in the big pool even if I’m not so I have to be on the lookout every second because I’m afraid he’ll jump in when my back is turned.  Every Thursday night is Float Night and everyone brings a raft or noodle, orders pizza for dinner, and then once the sun goes down there’s a movie which is pure heaven on a summer night for a couple of little summer loving boys.




I love how my boys share with each other and think of each other all of the time.  One of them goes to a birthday party and comes home with a goody bag and the first thing they say is “Look what I got for you at the party!” and hands the other one a toy or piece of candy from his bag.  It gets me every time.  Rin especially is so great at sharing.  He just wants everyone to be as happy as him.  He went to the grocery store with me and I let him pick out one “not good for him” thing.  He got these gummy candies and he was so so SO excited about it.  He of course chose them as a treat after dinner and Peter asked if he could have one and my sweet boy didn’t hesitate.  Even when Peter asked for the yellow one which was the one Rin really wanted and it was the only one of that color.  I love that about him.  He’s such a giving kid. 




And I will leave you with the blessing that Bek has been leading at our dinner table these days.  We all join hands and sing "Bahoo Boris Dahoo Doris"- you know from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.  Don't ask me where he comes up with this stuff.  He marches to a different beat and I love it.
Love to all, -m     

No comments: