Sunday, May 19, 2013

Two Sweet Boys in September


Hi all,

So my sweet boy Rin is 100% loving kindergarten.  I mean so excited about school that he has trouble going to sleep at night.  And he comes home saying the cutest things.  I think I might love his teacher.  He does things like tell me he going to ‘turtle talk’ a word to sound it out.  And then when he writes a letter backwards, he flicks at his shoulder and says, “Scoot, Mr. Backwards, Scoot!”  So adorable, right?  And the boys in his class are apparently obsessed with paper airplanes.  We end up with 30 of them on the floor almost every day.  He is really learning to read books and manipulate numbers.  I hear him in the next room rolling the dice and saying things like, “OK, so 5 and 5 and 1.  That’s 11”  And when I yell in there to ask how he figured it out, he says, “ I just knew it in my brain.”  Smart little bugger.  His enthusiasm is an absolute joy to watch.  But I have to say it is really weird driving past the school and knowing that he is in there.  He is getting smarter and smarter every single day.  How am I going to ever keep up?  Maybe I’m just not meant to.  Maybe I’m just meant to be the support team while he adventures out in the world on his own.  To be the person who he can always come back to when he needs to regroup.  And I will be there. 






And our little Bekkers?  He is getting some FEISTY in him.  It’s expected of course but it does make life a little more challenging.  Visits to the grocery store absolutely MUST involve a trip to visit the lobsters (or crabs as he calls them) or there is hell to pay.  We have started sending him out of the room when he is misbehaving and so now when he gets mad at us, he turns the tables and he yells “OUT ROOM!” at us.  It’s sorta funny.  But he’s also his super duper adorable self all the time.  And he has made such strides over the time he has spent with us so far.  I mean, this is the kid who spent an entire week at the beach refusing to let one grain of sand touch him.  And look at him now- digging wholeheartedly into a big bowl of spaghetti. 





Sometimes I think about how different their lives are with us than they were in Kaz.  In Kaz, for instance they would never get to spend a rainy Saturday morning at the theatre watching the original Muppet movies with their mom and brother.  I mean, what’s not to love about popcorn, slushies, and The Muppets?  It was so fun to take them to see one of my favorite all time movies.  Just a little bit of Saturday morning heaven with my boys.    


Love to all and let me leave you with this photo of my big boy.  Adorbs.  -m



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! You're back... FINALLY!!! I must admit, I've become quite addicted to the blog... especially all of the adorable pics of my precious nephews!!!