Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Love Muffins!

So today is my sweet husband’s birthday and I am missing him because he is far far away working (aka playing golf in sunny AZ while it’s pouring rain here). One of the things I love about his job is that he’s here pretty much every night with us and when he’s not I get a little bit sad. Rin does too. But have you ever noticed how absence makes all of those annoying little quirks of your spouse fade to the background and you remember all the nice thoughtful things about them? It’s that way with me anyway and since he’s been gone I have been thinking of all of the things that make him a great husband to me and a wonderful father to Rin. So on this, Peter’s 38th birthday, here is just a small sampling of the many reasons I am very happy to be married to this thoughtful, hardworking, supportive, and loving man.

He…
Talks about me when I am not around (too much according to some people)
Lets me have the TV remote anytime I want it- even when the Masters is on
Knew the second we saw Rinat that he was our son
Calls on the way home every day to ask if I need anything from the store
He loves me fully and completely and loves our son even more
Lets me be whoever it is that I think I am
Went with me to every single fertility appt- the only man there every time
Gives me every bit of credit for keeping our family together even though it’s not true
Goes all out playing with his son and lets Rinat pound on him like a prize fighter
Is nice to me even when I don’t deserve it
Tells me I am beautiful every single day
Puts family ahead of income
Cleans up- sometimes
Gives into every crazy scheme I have- “Hey, lets adopt a baby from a country we’ve never heard of!”
Takes the night shift with Rinat without me having to ask
Grabs the phone out of my hand when Carson calls so he can chitchat with her
Loves to read my celeb gossip mags
Would drop anything to be by my side if I need him- even if it’s just for a hug when I get bad news
Is firm and loving with our son
Always believes the best about people
Will drive to MacDonald’s when I’m sick to get me a milkshake
Loves to shop more than I do
Tells me that things will work out even when he’s not sure they will
Is passionate
Is always willing to watch Rinat so I can have some girl time
Has been there for me more than anyone else for the last 17 years
Has every confidence we’ll make it another 50

I love you Peter! Happy birthday! You are a wonderful husband and father and we are so lucky to have you in our life. See you soon.
-m

2 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet big brother!!! What a nice tribute to such a great person! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

xoxox
Ann

Susan said...

Ya'll are blessed to have each other. :)
what a great tribute to your sweetie.