Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Anything is Possible


I woke early this morning and lay in the quiet that happens before the house comes alive and I wondered about our new President, Barack Obama. I wondered if he too was awake and wondering how he was going to shoulder this amazing responsibility that he has taken upon himself. Was he nervous about what would happen this day and, more importantly, in the next four years? Every single day I wake up and feel the need to do all that I can to make sure that this little boy who we have taken into our care is safe, healthy, and able to pursue his dreams. But this man who we have elected is responsible for the safety and happiness of not just his own family but for millions of families around the globe. That’s a job that I am happy not to have. Only time will tell if he is able to accomplish what he hopes to make the world a more peaceful place and a country an even greater place to live in but watching the coverage on TV today, I saw so much hope for the future of our country in the faces of all of the spectators. And I saw actual living proof that this is a country of opportunity. That any person can accomplish their dreams no matter what their situation in life. I saw that hard work and tenacity are rewarded by opportunity. And I saw that my son, my own personal responsibility, has no limits to what he can accomplish in his life. And that is all I can wish for. A chance to become whatever it is that he decides that he ultimately wants to be. Our economy might be in the tank, worldwide view of the us not so favorable, but what a time for us to live. The possibilities are endless. Love to all -m (these photos are from the day before the inauguration)

3 comments:

a said...

I was thisclose to flying there and knocking at your door (due to zero availbility of hotel rooms) just to be a part of history! 'Glad I saw everything on TV...what a moment!

geri said...

What a moment in history true...but more important to me is how thankful I am that my son had the good sense to find an extraordinary woman with whom to share his life journey and also to be the best possible mother to their child(ren). A beautifully written blog, Maren. Love, Geri

Susan said...

Amen sistah, amen. What a wonderful comment from your mother in law too!!!

May Rinat strive to find the same kind of positive, uplifting woman as his future wife (many many years from now) that is just like his dedicated momma! :)