Saturday, November 26, 2016

Feb 2015

Hi all,
This was my convo with Rin this morning.
Hey Mom, who's your valentine? Is it Aibek and Daddy? Yeah, I'm not sure whose mine is yet. I haven't decided.  But I’ll let you know when I do.
Gee thanks, Rin.



This month was lots of snow and record low temps.  It reminds me of Kaz and the biting cold there when we were adopting Bek.  Everyone keeps complaining how cold it is here but all I can think about is the day we went before the judge and it was 20 below way over there in Kaz.  I laugh to myself when I think about the doorknob that kept falling off and locking people out of the lobby.  How it was so cold INSIDE THE BUILDING that Rin wouldn’t take off his gloves to eat a snack.  Such entertaining (just to me) memories of the insane cold there.  The cold here is nothing compared to that.  So when people complain, I truly have no sympathy.








But finally it heated up just enough to melt some of the snow.  The street changed from icy luge to soaking wet slip&slide and the kids just ate it up.  They went from the top of our hill all the way to the intersection at the bottom.  I have to say that I don't always love living on a hill but when it comes to sledding season, it's pretty awesome.  No cars would dare try and drive up or down our street so the kids had it all to themselves.  And I have a good view of us from my toasty warm living room window.  A glass of hot chocolate or wine and I could- and do- watch them all day long.











Keep warm and cozy up.  Love to all, -m


No comments: