Monday, October 31, 2016

Dec 2014- Tidbits & Birthdays

Hi all,
First, some tidbits from December.

I wanted to know why Rin and his friend were trying to leave our house in secret without telling one of the neighbor boys who was there so I asked him about it.  One of the neighbors was apparently being mean to Bek and hurting him and so Rin and his friend took it upon themselves to save his little brother and they double-teamed this kid.  Part of me wanted to reprimand him but then another part?  Well, I loved that he defended his little brother.  

Aibek told me that I was "the meanest mommy ever" and I said "I know, Rinat tells me that I am mostly  mean".  Pause.  "Mommy, you nice almost all the time, but sometimes you a little bit mean.  It all right.  I love you da most, you my best mommy."

Overheard Bek asking Nona to marry him when they are grownups.  He asks, "Are they husband and wife?" about people on a TV show.   This one’s a lover. And a fighter actually.  He is kicking ass at speech and just absolutely loves it.

Our days are filled with birthday parties and decorating and playdates and brunches.


Rin said, "Ms. King told me I'm a risk taker" bc he was not afraid to say he's not sure what the answer is or to ask about something that he doesn't know.  I told him about the Chinese proverb "He who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, he who does not ask remains a fool forever".  I love that he's always asking.

Bek just wants to snuggle nonstop and I hate to say no but sometimes I just can't.

LICE again.  Ugh.  I told Rin he couldn't go to a birthday sleepover and I felt like an evil woman but he was just so overdone that I didn't think it was a good idea.  I felt so mean.  That is until the next morning when I get an email saying that a friend's son has lice and it is apparently going around 2nd grade boys.  I felt like I dodged a bullet.  That is until a week later when Rin told me "Mom, I need to tell you the truth.  My head itches."  Fuuuuuck.  Here we go again.  

Bek tells me, "You a chatterbox, Mommy."  I think he must be hearing that at school or somewhere.  He's starting to use more complex vocab like- ‘clean as a whistle’ and 'is it a long journey to Gigi's house?’  But the best thing he says?  “My love you more than anything. “He’s so darn sweet.

On Rin's BDay in LBurg, he had a playdate with his friend Joe whose number he got at the baptism.  He picked out ice cream cake from the grocery store that he was super exited about.  







Once home from the Burg, we celebrated Bek's BDay.  As Peter brought out the cake, he put his little balled up hands to his mouth and said "IwishIwishIwishIwish" before he blew his candles out.  I'm not sure what he wished for but I hope he gets whatever it is.






I told the boys what I loved about my birthday when I was a kid the most was no the parties or the gifts but it was that I felt special for a day.  Ted would get me whatever I wanted and do whatever I wanted and share everything with me and it just made me feel loved.  And that’s really all I want for them on their birthday.  And on every other day of the year too.  For them to feel loved.  Because, more than I can ever put into words, they are. 

Love to all, -m  

No comments: